Dumaplast believes that a green and sustainable policy is very important. Each day we are looking for ways to reduce our environmental impact. By harmonising ecology and economy we are investing in sustainable long-term growth.
Sustainability: our commitment
Dumaplast believes that a green and sustainable policy is very important. Our environmental policy, therefore, has a prominent place in our overall business philosophy. As we want to limit our environmental impact to a minimum, we are constantly looking for a healthy blend of economy and ecology. Harmonising these two seemingly opposite notions need not jeopardise the general company development or the high-quality level of our products. It is only by investing in future developments in a sustainable way that we can guarantee long-term growth. After all, a green business philosophy is a step forward and not sideways.
There is no doubt that this is an ongoing process and that we are learning each day to further develop this philosophy. But every small improvement helps. After all, health, safety and the environment should not be regarded as a mere pile of rules that have been thrown together at a whim. They form a whole that ultimately leads to successful development.
These are some of our achievements.
- Our products are fully recyclable when they are disposed of at a sorting facility. During the production process itself, most of the waste is ground and reused in the manufacture of new end products. We are also willing to take back old products for waste processing.
- We print our products using UV inks instead of more hazardous solvent-based inks.
- We have invested in solar panels on our roofs.
- In the medium term, we want to generate energy from our own wind turbines to be fully independent and use only green energy.
- Contrary to ordinary laminate boards, Finesse flooring does not contain formaldehyde.
- We stopped using lead as a stabiliser in our PVC products many years ago. Calcium zinc is a fully-fledged alternative.
- At its own initiative, Dumaplast has signed a statement of intent declaring that all necessary efforts and actions will be taken to improve environmental performance within and outside of the company.