Frequently asked questions
Do you have a question about one of our products? Perhaps someone else had the same question and you can find the answer among our frequently asked questions. No answer available? You can always fill in our contact form
What are the general benefits of PVC wall and ceiling cladding?
- Easy and fast to install: PVC panels are very user friendly products. The panels can easily be cut to size and are the ideal DIY solution. Compared to tiles, they take about half the time to install (no grouting!). Since they are so easy to install, any do-it-yourself consumer can fit them. This saves money on a fitter too.
- Water-resistant: PVC panels are very popular in bathrooms and kitchens as they are water-repellent and mildew-resistant, but they can be used all over the house (basements, attics, garages, bedrooms, living rooms, etc.)
- Budget-friendly: compared to tiling, you save a lot of time and work when installing PVC panels on walls and ceilings. PVC panels are often more interesting in terms of price as well when considering the cost per square metre.
- Versatile product: our panels are ideal for cladding walls and ceilings of private houses, offices, hotels, laboratories, hospitals, food-processing plants, etc. The possibilities are endless: decorative wall panels, practical shower panels, hygienic ceiling panels, etc.
- Hygienic: Dumaplast panels provide a very clean and hygienic solution for wall and ceiling decoration. Once installed, there is no grout that gets dirty. PVC is mildew-resistant and prevents bacterial growth.
- User friendly: PVC panels require only limited aftercare. Cleaning does not take long. Dirt cannot collect in pores or cracks because of the smooth surface of the panels. A simple cloth will do to clean the surface. Do not use chlorinated or abrasive agents.
- Recyclable: PVC is 100% recyclable. Our panels can be taken to any plastic recycling facility.
- Insulating: Dumaplast panels also insulate (R-value 2.25), which is an advantage when PVC panels are used in garages, basements or similar locations.
- No further finishing required after installation: no paint, no lacquer, no varnish, etc.